Trio Slavko Osterc
Liza Hawlina Prešiček, flute
Dejan Prešiček, saxophone
Jan Sever, piano
- Epitaphe de Jean Harlov Romance for Flute Saxophone and Piano
- Zeppelin 2 for Flute, Saxophone and Piano
- Claude Debussy: Prelude a l’apres midi d’un faune for Flute, Saxophone and Piano
- Days of the Year for Flute, Saxophone and Piano
- Stamps for Flute, Saxophone and Piano (2008)
- Trio for Oboe, Bassoon and Piano Op. 43 (Adaptation for Flute, Saxophone and Piano: Dejan Prešiček)
The Slavko Osterc Trio was founded in 2003, when the three musicians of younger generation decided to try to join their forces in an interesting chamber ensemble. Those, who are looking for and performing the compositions for this unusual ensemble, are flautist Liza Hawlina, saxophonist Dejan Prešiček and pianist Jan Sever. Their first composition was most probably the Epitaph by Jean Harlow, Romance for Flute, Saxophone and Piano, written by Charles Koechlin in 1937. Although the musicians are tirelessly looking for the works in the world music literature that were written for this rare musical ensemble, they are forced at the same time to place in their concert programmes the adaptations of the classical repertoire. They also invited composers to write music for their ensemble and the number of those, who have responded, is growing.
The programme will be announced later.